341 FSN is a collaborative and experimental space designed to explore community control and self-determination in Little Tokyo and at First Street North. LTSC owns and operates 341 FSN, which provides our +LAB project with a unique asset for promoting neighborhood and community engagement.
Organizations that will be partnering with LTSC to activate the 341 FSN space include: opens in a new windowJapanese American National Museum, opens in a new windowLittle Tokyo Community Council, opens in a new windowLittle Tokyo Service Center Small Business Assistance, opens in a new windowSustainable Little Tokyo – Arts Action Committee and opens in a new windowVisual Communications. Their activities will seek to do at least one of the following:
- Promote artistic and cultural experiences that protect the cultural and historic identity of Little Tokyo
- Share community members’ voices and stories to promote and empower Little Tokyo
- Inform participants about the Little Tokyo neighborhood, its history, and ways to help shape its future
- Build connections between artists, community members, and organizations
- Incorporate creative practices to positively impact Little Tokyo
+LAB’s 341 FSN is funded by a Community Development Investments (CDI) grant from ArtPlace America. LTSC was one of six organizations selected for the program, which explores how community-based organizations—not previously focused on arts and culture—can make the arts a sustainable part of their work.
For more information, please contact Mitsuko Brooks, email@example.com new email