A3M Communications and Administrative Associate
Position Summary: Asians for Miracle Marrow Matches (A3M) is a community based, non‐profit organization affiliated with the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) and committed to helping patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. Little Tokyo Service Center is a fiscal sponsor of A3M. The Administrative Associate position consists of performing administrative duties, managing communications outlets, donor management, volunteer management and event planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general administrative support.
- Responsible for revenue administration, depositing checks and generating thank you letters/receipts.
- Design promotional and educational materials using simple messaging and creative graphics.
- Create and edit videos for patient, marrow donor and recruitment campaigns.
- Create content and manages communication outlets: e-newsletter, website and social media outlets.
- Works with Development staff in the planning of fundraising events. Duties include revenue administration, tracking of donors, following up on sponsorship solicitations and overseeing event logistics.
- Manage donor database.
- Assist with marrow donor recruitment efforts, including assisting with recruitment campaigns, creation of promotional and educational materials.
- Manage volunteer pool for marrow donor registration and fundraising events.
- Other tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree (Communications, Marketing, Health, Social Welfare, or related field preferred).
- One (1) year community non-profit experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to make and edit videos.
- Basic design skills and knowledge of graphic design programs such as Canva, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to work and build relationships with people from diverse ethnic, educational, and social backgrounds.
- Ability to re-prioritize tasks and support teams based on frequently changing needs and move forward even when faced with ambiguity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task, work independently and/or in groups, and advanced organizational skills.
- Valid California Drivers License and current automobile liability insurance.
- Ability to speak another language other than English preferred.
Applicant(s) should email their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Tokyo Service Center is a social service and community development organization that has been creating positive change for the people and places in Southern California for more than 38 years. We preserve and strengthen the unique ethnic communities of our region and help people thrive. Starting with our own home in Little Tokyo, we build and strengthen communities throughout Southern California where people, culture and our collective future matter.