Posted: July 31, 2019
Job Title: Activity Coordinator (Senior Citizen)
Location: JCI Gardens Housing Project (Torrance, CA)
Status: Part-time hourly
LTSC is a social service and community development organization based in Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive array of social welfare and community development services to assist low income individuals and other persons in need, contribute to community revitalization and cultural preservation in Little Tokyo and among the border Japanese community in the Southland, and to provide such resources to neighboring Asian Pacific Island and other low-income communities. LTSC also owns and manages multiple housing properties throughout Los Angeles County with a commitment to providing affordable and quality housing to support healthy families and communities. For more information about LTSC, visit www.ltsc.org
About JCI Gardens
JCI Gardens is a low-income senior apartment complex for healthy seniors age 62 and over. Since this property was built and renovated using funding from HUD’s Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly program, residency is restricted to households earning 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI) or less. JCI Gardens receives rental subsidies through HUD-Assisted Housing for all of its apartments.
Summary of Duties:
Activity Coordinator will provide a variety of activities/classes to serve senior citizens. This includes but is not limited to recreational activities, bingo, health and nutrition resources, computer classes, social events and financial literacy classes to promote personal and community development.
- Supervise program participants
- Coordinate and supervise all program activities, including workshops, field trips, special events, tournaments, classes, and fitness programs;
- Plan conduct, market, and implements all activities and programs;
- Prepare documents and written reports for Director of Property Management;
- Prepare and develop monthly program calendars;
- Maintain all program budgets and resources, including equipment and supplies;
- Travel to offsite meetings and/or trainings;
- Preform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience as a senior citizen activities coordinator;
- Work well in a multi-cultural environment (particularly with an ethnically diverse tenant population)
- Bilingual in Japanese/English or Korean/English is strongly preferred;
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends;
- Current CPR and First Aid certification prior to appointment is desirable;
- Self-starter who thrives in an independent environment, self-disciplined and able to multi-task, Ideally, someone who is very outgoing, and enthusiastic.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills;
- Computer competency- Microsoft Office, Goggle G Suite,
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Aaron Garcia, Manager of Property Operations
LTSC Community Development Corporation
231 E. Third St., Suite G106
Los Angeles, CA 90013