Administrative Assistant (Terasaki Budokan)
Posted: January 6, 2020
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
About Little Tokyo Service Center and Terasaki Budokan:
Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC) is a social service and community development organization dedicated to strengthening communities by preserving cultural roots, building stable housing and supporting people in need with services. LTSC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. LTSC.org
Terasaki Budokan is a new facility located in Little Tokyo, Downtown Los Angeles on a 38,880 sq. ft. lot. The facility includes a 2-court gymnasium, outdoor plaza and stage, courtyard, community room and an outdoor terrace. TerasakiBudokan.org
The Administrative Assistant will support the Director of Terasaki Budokan and Facility Rental and Scheduling Manager with long-term projects and day-to-day tasks. This includes but is not limited to: managing facility rental inquiries, rental agreements, liability waivers, and insurance needs; interfacing with users, renters, and visitors; helping maintaining the master calendar for the facility; submitting board reports; support with budgets and compliance documents; participate at special events and fundraisers; assist with social media; and office supply ordering.
In addition, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the volunteer program at Terasaki Budokan, with the support and collaboration of the Facility Rental and Scheduling Manager. This includes outreach, orientation, scheduling, appreciation, and any other volunteer related tasks and duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position entails the following areas of responsibility:
- Provide full administrative support to ensure Terasaki Budokan operates in an efficient manner.
- Serve as the point of contact for all facility maintenance and vendor-related tasks. These include the janitorial vendor, security, parking operator, groundskeeping, graffiti removal, gym floor resurfacing, short term and long term maintenance, etc.
- Support the Facility Rental and Scheduling Manager with the reservations system, master calendar maintenance, rental agreements, liability waivers, insurance forms, etc.
- Order office supplies and other program related materials for leagues, summer camps, after school program, and administrative needs.
- Assist the Programs and Social Media Coordinator to create, curate, and manage all published content on social media (images, video, written and audio/podcast, etc.)
- Support Facility Rental and Scheduling Manager and Programs and Social Media Coordinator with website maintenance and updates, including information on leagues and statistics, summer camps, After School Program, rentals and pricing, events, etc.
- Track and compile data from Terasaki Budokan users, visitors, program participants, and work with Director of Terasaki Budokan to compile compliance reports using the data.
- Coordinate with Fiscal Department to drop off physical checks at LTSC as needed.
- Manage volunteer system and serve as point of contact for volunteers at Terasaki Budokan. This includes marketing and outreach for new volunteers, facilitating orientation, coordinating schedules, volunteer appreciation, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling annual meetings and any other related items regarding Budokan Inc. with assistance from Director of Terasaki Budokan as needed.
- Assist with annual Terasaki Budokan fundraisers (Straight Outta Little Tokyo and Terasaki Budokan Golf Tournament), and additional Terasaki Budokan and LTSC fundraising events and activities.
- Contribute, as deemed necessary and appropriate, to other activities related to Terasaki Budokan and LTSC as a whole.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university is preferred
- 1-2 years of hands on administrative support experience
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Southern California communities and in particular familiarity with DTLA and central city neighborhoods preferred.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours and have flexibility.
- Working knowledge and/or ability to learn various computer programs.
- Maturity, diplomacy, calm under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills; openness to learning.
- Strong communications skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Values diversity of thought, perspectives and backgrounds; ability to work with a variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work or multiple projects/tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Personal integrity and ethical standards.
Please submit inquiries, cover letters and resumes to RLEE@LTSC.org