Bilingual Korean-Speaking Service Coordinator / Care Manager
Posted: Feb. 3, 2020
Job Title: Resident Service Coordinator / Care Manager
Status: Full-time (or part-time), salaried
About Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC)
Little Tokyo Service Center has a 40-year history of providing multilingual, culturally appropriate social services to people of Little Tokyo and in the broader Asian American community. Its Social Services Department seeks to immediately fill the following position.
The Resident Service Coordinator / Care Manager primarily assists older adults to enhance the quality of their lives by coordinating services and support so they can maintain their independence and live at home. He/she also provides education, integrated care management and other social services particularly to those with limited English proficiency who need services in the Korean language. He/she must be able to work with seniors and families in an empathetic and caring manner. He/she must be willing to problem-solve and learn, and work well independently and as part of a team. He/she must be able to work with a diverse staff and array of programs, as well as be flexible and take initiative when appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Service Coordination for residents of an ethnically diverse subsidized senior housing building.
- work with other Resident Service Coordinators, as well as the Property Supervisor and all other Property Management staff to ensure a safe and high quality living environment for residents
- link residents to appropriate benefits and resources to maintain healthy and independent living
- perform assessments to identify residents’ support systems, and current and future needs
- educate residents and families about available benefits, community resources, application procedures and wellness topics through one-on-one and group interactions
- act as a liaison between residents and service providers
- monitor service delivery to residents to ensure that they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory
- advocate on behalf of residents so that they can access resources
- create and maintain a directory of resources relevant to the needs of residents
- establish relationships with service providers and agencies for referrals and coordination
- document services and contacts with residents, providers, and families in a web-based system
- maintain resident files, keeping information organized and accessible, but secure and confidential
- organize regular educational and wellness activities for residents by contacting speakers or service professionals and arranging logistical details
Provide care management and other related services to help Korean American and Korean-speaking clients maintain healthy and independent living.
- perform assessments to identify clients’ existing support systems, and current and future needs
- develop care plans and deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate services accordingly
- connect clients to relevant resources and assist them with accessing benefits and programs
- facilitate individual and family sessions to help clients develop coping skills
- make referrals to appropriate resources for financial issues, legal matters, respite, counseling, etc.
- record progress notes and keep appropriate back-up documentation and files current
- establish relationships with service providers/agencies for referrals and ongoing service management
- organize information for reports and performance goals as required by service contracts and/or by supervisor, and prepare for program and financial audits
Other duties as an employee of the Social Services Department and of the agency.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Masters degree in Social Work OR
- Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field, plus two years of social services experience;
- Effective communication skills in English and Korean;
- Professional Service Coordinator Certificate preferred.
Please submit inquiries, cover letters and résumés to SocialServices@LTSC.org.