Getting the Covid-19 booster shot- things to be aware of
What is the Covid-19 booster?
A booster shot is essentially another dose of the vaccine, which means it is the same shot as the prior dose received
Who should get the Covid-19 booster?
- Everyone ages 12 or older should get a booster dose. A Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is preferred.
- If your primary series was a WHO-listed or clinical trial vaccine or if you are age 12-17 you can only receive a Pfizer booster. Make sure to find a location that offers the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you were diagnosed with COVID-19, you can receive your booster once you are fully recovered.
- Upcoming COVID booster clinics
- How to make an appointment, provide links
- Where to get free testing (what to bring, what to expect, don’t forget ID, passport, etc)
You may need to show that you completed your initial series before you can get a booster. Make sure to bring proof of vaccination, such as your CDC white card or digital vaccine record, when you go to get your booster.
Where do I get the Covid-19 booster?