Care Manager – Bilingual Korean
Posted: Sep. 17, 2020
Job Title: Care Manager – Bilingual Korean
Status: Full-time salaried
Little Tokyo Service Center has a 38-year history of providing multilingual, culturally appropriate social services to people of Little Tokyo and in the broader Asian American community. Its Social Services Department seeks to immediately fill the following position.
The Care Manager primarily assists older adults to enhance the quality of their lives by coordinating services and support
so they can maintain their independence and live at home. He/she also provides education, integrated care management
and other social services particularly to those with limited English proficiency who need services in the Korean language.
He/she must be able to work with seniors and families in an empathetic and caring manner. He/she must be willing to
problem-solve and learn, and work well independently and as part of a team. He/she must be able to work with a diverse
staff and array of programs, as well as be flexible and take initiative when appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide care management and other related services to help Korean American and Korean-speaking clients maintain
healthy and independent living.
- Perform assessments to identify clients’ existing support systems, and current and future needs
- Develop care plans and deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate services accordingly
- Educate older adults and families about available benefits, community resources, application procedures and wellness topics through one-on-one and group interactions
- Connect clients to relevant resources and assist them with accessing benefits and programs
- Facilitate individual and family sessions to help clients develop coping skills
- Make referrals to appropriate resources for financial issues, legal matters, respite, counseling, etc.
- Record progress notes and keep appropriate back-up documentation and files current
- Establish relationships with service providers/agencies for referrals and ongoing service management
- Organize information for reports and performance goals as required by service contracts and/or by supervisor, and prepare for program and financial audits
Other duties as an employee of the Social Services Department and of the agency.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Masters degree in Social Work OR
- Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field, plus two years of social services experience;
- Effective communication skills in English and Korean;
- Experience serving individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease or related dementia and/or their caregivers preferred;
- Knowledge of government funding of older adult programs and reporting systems a plus;
- Professional Service Coordinator Certificate a plus.
Please submit inquiries, cover letters, and resumes to SocialServices@LTSC.orgcreate new email.