Child Development Program Coordinator
Location: Little Tokyo Service Center
Hours: Full time, non-exempt with benefits
Summary of Duties:
Little Tokyo Service Center is a fast paced nonprofit organization with a history of providing social services, childcare, economic, development and building affordable housing. The Child Development Program Coordinator will handle fiscal and administrative duties for the Child Development program including Angelina Preschool and the Family Child Care (FCC) program. This position will report to the Administrative Director of Child Development.
- Track and process program enrollment and attendance for Angelina Preschool and Family Child Care programs; provide support as needed to assist with outreach and enrollment
- Collect and organize data, and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual enrollment, attendance and fiscal reports to California Department of Education
- Input data, produce reports, and maintain the operation and effectiveness of the database system, and monthly online reporting for the California Department of Education
- Process childcare family fees, FCC provider and other subcontractor invoices and tax reporting
- Prepare and track monthly bills to be paid, checks for deposit, reimbursements
- Prepare monthly claims reporting for federally funded food program (CACFP), meal count audits, liaison with food vendors, and prepare program review audit
- Assist Administrative Director with quarterly internal program file audits, support and preparation for annual program audit, and government reviews
- Maintain administrative files, records and logs
- Assist Administrative Director with contracts, amendments and correspondence
- Research services, vendors and purchases for programs as necessary
- Contract management/compliance with state and federal childcare contracts on the administrative and fiscal level
- Budget planning and fiscal management, including managing financial projections for state contracts during the year to ensure accurate enrollment and spending targets. Make adjustments as needed
- Fiscal, enrollment and program reporting to funders
- Managing the subcontract for preschool services with the Koreatown Youth and Community Center
- Any other duties assigned by the Deputy Director or Executive Director.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or equivalent required
- At least two years experience performing administrative, fiscal monitoring and/or accounting duties
- Strong expertise in developing, manipulating and managing Excel spreadsheets essential
- Experience with administration of non-profit programs preferred
- Experience with government funded contracts preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and database programs
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment in a nonprofit agency
- Good verbal and written communications skills
Please submit cover letters and resumes to Nicole Lopez at Nlopez@ltsc.org.
Little Tokyo Service Center is a social service and community development organization that has been creating positive change for the people and places in Southern California for more than 37 years. We preserve and strengthen the unique ethnic communities of our region and help people thrive. Starting with our own home in Little Tokyo, we build and strengthen communities throughout Southern California where people, culture and our collective future matter.