While the impact of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) surrounds the world, the Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC) is also promptly responding to various issues. The health care and welfare services of our communities, staff and volunteers will remain the same.
In the face of this unprecedented global public health crisis, check out the latest information on what LTSC is doing and what each person can do to help.
What we can do for LTSC now
The pantry is one of the abundant services provided by LTSC and supports customers’ meals. Many open food depots do not provide meals tailored to LTSC members, especially the elderly of Asian descent. We provide food not only to the elderly, but also to lower-income households such as Latinos, Japanese, Koreans, and Asia-Pacific islanders. LTSC’s food depot meets the needs of the community by stocking sanitary goods, rice, dried noodles, beans, seaweed, soy sauce, sesame oil, tea, snacks and other non-perishable and easy-to-cook foods of any ethnicity.
LTSC is looking for volunteers to deliver food and supplies to the elderly in the area. Those who are between the ages of 18 and 65 and have no symptoms of illness.
Please continue to donate to the food storage. Provide groceries to those in need and support each other in the community.
LTSC currently offers the following support services
LTSC broadly supports the Little Tokyo and Southern California communities. The social services department will continue to provide services to people in need. Therefore, we will implement the following changes as a countermeasure against the new coronavirus (COVID-19):
To contact social services, please call (213) 473-3035.
- To ensure the safety of staff and customers, we do not accept visits (walk-ins) without reservations.
- We will follow the progress by e-mail or letter as needed, centering on the telephone service.
- Support groups, workshops, community presentations, etc. have been cancelled.
- The Far East Lounge has refrained from activities and classes have been canceled for the time being.
Latest information for neighbors
LTSC offers affordable housing and resident services for families and individuals. LTSC Resident Services will continue to support residents and those in need in the surrounding area. Therefore, we will make the following changes:
- All youth programs will be suspended until further notice
- Scheduled workshops and events will be postponed at a later date. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program’s tax preparation service is available by appointment only while the virtual drop-off is available.
- Assistance on the 2020 Census is only available by appointment.
- We do not currently accept unreserved visits (walk-ins) and will only make face-to-face reservations if necessary.
- For families or individuals in need of assistance, please contact the Resident Service staff by phone or email.
Infant and early childhood development support
LTSC’s Angelina Nursery and Family Child Care Providers are still available for registration.
The program is operated in accordance with the latest CDC guidelines, and hygiene management is thorough, such as setting a limit on the number of people per group.
For more information on how to register, please visit the LTSC website or contact us below.
- Nicole Lopez (213) 473-1699, NLopez@LTSC.orgcreate new email
Angelina Nursery is currently offering “grab-and-go” meals! On weekdays, you can receive breakfast, packed lunch, and light meals for children. Only parents / guardians / family members registered as emergency contacts for children can receive it.
For more information on “grab-and-go” meals, please contact:
- Adriana Perez at (213) 481-0227
SMALL BUSINESS COVID-19 Resource Guide
While the new coronavirus (COVID-19) is rampant, a lot of information for small and medium-sized enterprises is circulating. The LTSC SME Support Program has put together as much information as possible.
There is also much that an individual can do for a small business in need of this unprecedented situation.
- Follow your favorite Little Tokyo business on SNS and place an online order. You can check the opening status of each store and the latest information on how to order at @GoLittleTokyo on Instagram and Facebook .
- Buy a gift card from your favorite Little Tokyo business and get your friends and family to shop for holiday gifts and birthdays!
- Post your thoughts on your favorite SMEs on SNS and blogs!
- Evaluate your favorite business on review sites (Facebook / Google / Yelp, etc.) and share your thoughts!
At LTSC, call the Los Angeles City Council member in charge of the community.
We are requesting the adoption of “Healthy LA Platform”. Our health and public health are protected by our access to our living environment and health care, as well as our workplace and food safety.
- Councilmember Gil Cedillo, CD 1 – (213) 473-7001; email@example.com new email
- Councilmember Paul Krekorian, CD 2 – (213) 473.7002; firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Councilmember Bob Blumenfield, CD 3 – (213) 473-7003; email@example.com new email
- Councilmember David Ryu, CD 4 – (213) 473-7004; firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Councilmember Paul Koretz, CD 5 – (213) 473-7004; email@example.com new email
- Councilmember Nury Martinez, CD 6 – (213) 473-7006; councilmember.Martinez@lacity.orgcreate new email
- Councilmember Monica Rodriguez, CD 7 – (213) 473-7007; firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson, CD 8 – (213) 473-7008; email@example.com new email
- Councilmember Curren Price, CD 9 – (213) 473-7009; firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Councilmember Herb Wesson, CD 10 -(213) 473-7010; email@example.com new email
- Councilmember Mike Bonin, CD 11 – (213) 473-7011; firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Councilmember John Lee, CD 12 – (213) 473-7012; email@example.com new email
- Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell, CD 13 – (213) 473-7013; firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Councilmember Jose Huizar, CD 14 – (213) 473-7014; email@example.com new email
- Councilmember Joe Buscaino, CD 15 – (213) 473-7015; firstname.lastname@example.org new email
Government information and resources
We will do our best to keep you informed about changes in services or programs within LTSC. For the latest information on the new coronavirus (COVID-19), please see these resources.