Testing is currently recommended if you:
- Have opens in a new windowsymptoms of COVID-19.
- Were asked by LA County Department of Public Health to get a test because of a contact tracing or outbreak investigation.
- Were in “ opens in a new windowclose contact” with someone who has COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Work or live in places such as skilled nursing facilities, group homes, residential care facilities, correctional facilities or homeless shelters.
- Are a person experiencing homelessness.
- Are an opens in a new windowessential worker with frequent contacts with the public in the following areas: health care, emergency, food and grocery services, factory workers in food and retail, public transportation, and education.
- Don’t have symptoms but believe you may be infected now because you were exposed to people who were sick, were around many people who were not wearing face coverings, and/or were not keeping safe distance in the past 2 weeks
Types of Testing
Credit Courtney Shojinaga, APIFM
Where to get tested
Visit https://covid19.lacounty.gov/testing/ to find testing sites near you.
After you are tested
You should stay home until you get the results of your test or until your provider lets you know that you do not have COVID-19, to protect others. If your test is positive or your doctor thinks you have COVID-19, you have to follow the Home Isolation Instructionsopens PDF file .If you test negative or your doctor tells you that you do not have COVID-19, you should stay home until you have been without a fever without taking fever-reducing medicine for at least 24 hours.
Transportation Assistance *Will update this later*
Source: LA County Department of Health
HAVE A QUESTION?
Reach out to us today.