Events Assistant (Terasaki Budokan)
Posted: January 6, 2020
Job Title: Events Assistant
Status: Part-time non-exempt; 12 hours per week
About Little Tokyo Service Center and Terasaki Budokan:
Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC) is a social service and community development organization dedicated to strengthening communities by preserving cultural roots, building stable housing and supporting people in need with services. LTSC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. LTSC.org
Terasaki Budokan is a new facility located in Little Tokyo, Downtown Los Angeles on a 38,880 sq. ft. lot. The facility includes a 2-court gymnasium, outdoor plaza and stage, courtyard, community room and an outdoor terrace. TerasakiBudokan.org
The Events Assistant will support the Facility Rental and Scheduling Manager with long-term projects and day-to-day tasks. This includes but is not limited to: keeping track of facility rental inquiries, rental agreements, liability waivers, and insurance needs; interfacing with users, renters, and visitors; helping to maintain the master calendar for the facility; participating at special events and fundraisers as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position entails the following areas of responsibility:
- Provide direct support to the Facility Rental and Scheduling Manager to ensure events at Terasaki Budokan operate in an efficient manner.
- Assist the Facility Rental and Scheduling Manager with administrative needs as mentioned in the position summary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with event vendors, serving as the main point of contact, and provide a high level of customer service for event host and attendees.
- Work with security guard and parking operator to secure facility after events.
- Work closely with the Facility Rental and Scheduling Manager to develop marketing materials to publicize and promote the events spaces at Terasaki Budokan.
- Help oversee Terasaki Budokan and LTSC events at the facility.
- Assist with annual Terasaki Budokan fundraisers (Straight Outta Little Tokyo and Terasaki Budokan Golf Tournament), and additional Terasaki Budokan and LTSC fundraising events and activities.
- Contribute, as deemed necessary and appropriate, to other activities related to Terasaki Budokan and LTSC as a whole.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- 1-2 years of hands on events support experience
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Southern California communities and in particular familiarity with DTLA and central city neighborhoods preferred.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours and have flexibility.
- Working knowledge and/or ability to learn various computer programs.
- Maturity, diplomacy, calm under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills; openness to learning.
- Strong communications skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Values diversity of thought, perspectives and backgrounds; ability to work with a variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work or multiple projects/tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Personal integrity and ethical standards.
Please submit inquiries, cover letters and resumes to RLEE@LTSC.org