Posted: November 8, 2019
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Salary and Benefits: DOE; Full Benefits Package
Employment Status: Full-time; Non-exempt
Start Date: Immediately
About Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC)
Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC) is a fast-paced nonprofit organization with over 150 employees. It has been dedicated to creating “positive change for people and places” for over 35 years, providing service to over 10,000 people each year. LTSC carries out a wide range of programs including social services, childcare, community economic development, property management and building affordable housing.
Summary of Duties:Administrative (50%): Report to Executive Director
Administrative Support for ED (40%):
● Coordinate Executive Office Duties: Provide full administrative support to ensure that the office of the ED operates in an efficient manner. Duties include generating memos, letters and emails, responding to requests for information, preparing reports, organizing files, processing expense reimbursements, managing the ED’s calendar, organizing travel accomodations, cooridnating LTSC’s participation in external events, and other duties as assigned.
● Board of Directors Liaison: Provide all logistical and document preparation support for meetings of the Board of Directors, Standing and Ad Hoc Committees, affiliated Boards of Directors, and any governance task force or advisory bodies as directed by the ED (and other staff members who support various Board committee meetings). Record and prepare minutes for Board and committee meetings. Prepare, maintain and archive resolutions and other corporate documents. Plan and execute logistics for the annual Board Retreat.
● Support Executive Management Committee: Provide administrative support for Executive Management Committee including scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and following-up on tasks.
Special Projects (10%):
● Maintain an internal communications process to encourage cross-departmental collaboration, promote well-rounded knowledge of the organization, and strengthen working relationships
● Manage the Staff Wellness Program including scheduling and overseeing wellness activities, sending weekly wellness emails, and managing the staff wellness website.
Communications and Events (50%) : Report to Communications & Events Coordinator Events (35%)
● Events Support: Assist the Events Coordinator with executing fundraising and donor cultivation events including planning, day-of execution, and post-event follow up.
● Assist the Communications Team with developing and posting content on the organization’s social media platforms. Assist the Communications Team with updating the website and creating web content. ● Assist with various communications related assignments as necessary.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Candidates for the Executive Assistant position should have the following qualifications:
- Experience: two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required. Study in communications, business or public administration is preferred.
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, excellent telephone skills are essential. Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds. Strong command of a variety of written styles and formats.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, an ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands, anticipating the needs of a busy executive and organizing the work without constant instruction are required.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Proficiency in donor software programs such as Salesforce to effectively track gifts, create reports, and generate targeted mailings is a plus. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Intangibles: Resourcefulness and resiliency; ability to find multiple paths to getting a job done. Good sense of humor and positive energy. Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple assignments, work as an enthusiastic team member, and meet deadlines in a fastpaced environment. Ability to keep all matters appropriately confidential is necessary. Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Licenses: Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license and auto insurance at all times and have the availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the organization’s service area.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Little Tokyo Service Center