A3M Korean Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator
Job Title: A3M Korean Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator
Hours: Full-time, salaried
Position Summary: Asians for Miracle Marrow Matches (A3M) is a community based, non‐profit organization affiliated with the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) and committed to helping patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. Little Tokyo Service Center is a fiscal sponsor of A3M. The Korean Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator position consists of education, outreach, and marrow donor recruitment in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner to Korean communities located primarily in the Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct marrow donor recruitment drives at community and cultural events, faith based organizations, health fairs, school campus, and other venues frequented by the Korean community.
- Promote the need to increase and diversify the national marrow registry and A3M’s donor recruitment activities through public presentations, community education, and media outreach.
- Facilitate development of donor recruitment strategies and implementation by working cooperatively with the NMDP network, community based organizations, and other members of the targeted ethnic group to coordinate marrow donor recruitment activities, including conducting drives and monitoring drive materials.
- Foster and develop relationships within the Korean community such as churches and college campus groups.
- Produce Korean language outreach/educational materials.
- Provide culturally and linguistically effective patient information and referral services.
- Develop, train, and manage a Korean community focused volunteer pool.
- Weekend/evening work, local travel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree (health, social welfare, or related field preferred).
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Korean languages (oral and written) and knowledge of the Korean community.
- One (1) year community outreach and/or health education in the Korean community preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in a nonprofit organization serving the Korean community preferred.
- Experience in networking with ethnic communities preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Korean language programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must.
- Some knowledge of graphic design programs such as InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Valid California Drivers License and current automobile liability insurance.
Applicant(s) should email their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Little Tokyo Service Center is a social service and community development organization that has been creating positive change for the people and places in Southern California for more than 38 years. We preserve and strengthen the unique ethnic communities of our region and help people thrive. Starting with our own home in Little Tokyo, we build and strengthen communities throughout Southern California where people, culture and our collective future matter.