Parenting Support Group Volunteer
Little Tokyo Service Center, a Community Development Corporation, was founded in 1979 to provide linguistically and culturally appropriate social services to the Little Tokyo community and the broader Japanese American community. Its mission is to meet the critical needs of people and build community. Specifically, we:
- Improve the lives of individuals and families through culturally sensitive social services.
- Strengthen neighborhoods through housing and community development.
- Promote the rich heritage of the ethnic community.
Over the years, service to seniors has remained a key emphasis of our social services.
Parenting Support Group volunteers supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care while parents attend the group meeting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with young children age between 0-6.
- Follow children’s curriculum.
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children.
- Comfort in or willingness to learn about child development.
- No criminal background.
- Japanese speaking preferred.
- Good problem-solving and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- The 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month (tentative).
- The third Friday of every month (tentative).
- Length of workshops: morning (tentative).
- Location of workshops: South Bay, West Los Angeles, and Metro Area (tentative).
- Initial training will be provided.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the volunteer application form. Return the form as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.