Proper Protection from Covid-19
Wearing proper protective clothing and taking necessary preventative measures is essential to helping stop the spread of Covid-19.
Why face masks?
- Wearing face masks can reduce the spread of Covid-19. Covid-19 spreads through the air in droplets, and proper mask wear reduces both spread from anyone who is infected but does not know it, and prevents spread of these droplets from getting into your mouth and nose.
- Face masks continue to be recommended to everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
- Even if you are fully vaccinated, your risk of catching or spreading the virus is not entirely eliminated.
- Wear a face mask can protect those who are not vaccinated and those who have autoimmune and other serious conditions that make them vulnerable
In California, use of face masks is required when indoors. It is also recommended to wear masks when in crowded areas with high potential of transmission.
What makes a good face mask?
- Choose a mask that has 3 or more layers of tightly woven or non-woven material
- Fits snugly and comfortably over your nose and chin without large gaps around the sides of the face or nose
- Good: fabric mask with at least three cloth layers
- Better: surgical mask + cloth mask, fitted medical mask (surgical mask)
- Best: N95, KN95, KF94
- Does not meet guidelines: Neck gaiters, bandanas, and other masks
- These only offer a thin/single layer of protection or have an opening around the mask, are therefore not suitable. Such masks would not effectively prevent the spread of droplets from the mouth or nose into the air.
The effectiveness of masks
Wearing a mask can reduce the spread of COVID-19 as indicated by the longer time period data conducted by the CDC
HAVE A QUESTION?
Reach out to us today.