1) Which type of housing combines affordability and supportive services in order to improve residents’ health, recovery and personal growth?
- Transitional Housing
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Market-rate apartments
Unlike shelters and transitional housing, PSH is permanent housing. And, unlike market-rate housing, PSH is deeply affordable and includes supportive services for residents.
2) True or false: Permanent supportive housing is similar to a homeless shelter.
PSH units are for long-term residents. This is different from shelters that provide temporary, short-term stays.
3) Residents in permanent supportive housing ______ (select all that apply)
- Were formerly unhoused
- Are long-term residents, with leases like any typical apartment renter
- Pay rent based on their income
- Receive supportive services like workforce readiness, financial literacy, and continuing education resources
PSH units are long-term rentals that are deeply affordable and include supportive services. PSH is proven to help formerly homeless people achieve healthy, stable lives.
4) What percentage of residents in PSH units remain permanently housed?
PSH has been proven to be extremely effective in keeping folks housed. Learn more!
5) In 2022, there were over 69,000 people experiencing homelessness in LA County. How many beds were available in interim housing and permanent supportive housing?
- About 39,500 beds or enough to house 57% of people experiencing homelessness
- About 47,250 beds or enough to house 68% of people experiencing homelessness
- About 56,500 beds or enough to house 82% of people experiencing homelessness
- About 69,000 beds or enough to house 100% of people experiencing homelessness
The rate of interim and permanent supportive housing only meets the needs of 57% of unhoused folks in LA County. The rate of homelessness outpaces the rate of supportive housing, leaving unhoused folks behind. Learn more.opens PDF file
6) 2016’s Prop HHH promised 10,000 new units of permanent supportive housing in LA by 2026. How many units are on actually on track to open by 2026?
- About 10,500 units
- About 10,000 units
- About 9,500 units
- About 9,000 units
Overcoming many obstacles, Proposition HHH is slated to exceed its promise to fund 10,000 units of new permanent supportive housing over 10 years, providing stable homes for LA’s unhoused population. Learn more!
7) True or false: PSH is proven to help formerly unhoused people achieve healthy, stable lives.
Studies show that once placed in permanent supportive housing, residents begin to gain economic stability, heal and recover from potential medical or substance abuse issues, and get the supportive services they need to stay permanently housed. Learn more.
Learn more about LTSC’s housing work: