Real Estate Project Manager
Posted: Mar. 25, 2021
Location: Little Tokyo Service Center office
Salary and Benefits: DOE
Employment Status: Full-time; Exempt position with benefits
Start Date: As soon as position is filled
For over 40 years, Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC) has provided a safety net of social welfare and
community development services to empower people and communities in need. LTSC provides
culturally and linguistically appropriate services to the Japanese American community in the
Southland, builds multi-family affordable housing projects to uplift low-income neighborhoods of
color throughout Los Angeles, and promotes equitable development and cultural preservation in the
Little Tokyo neighborhood.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Summary of Duties:
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing several real estate development projects.
LTSC’s real estate portfolio is rapidly expanding and includes affordable and permanent supportive
housing, non-profit community-serving facilities, and more than $350 million worth of mixed-use,
transit-oriented developments in the pipeline. Many of LTSC’s projects will be developed in
partnership with other community-based nonprofits based in communities throughout Los Angeles.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all phases of development, including initial feasibility
analysis, site analyses and acquisition, entitlements, financing applications, managing partnerships,
managing the project team including architects, general contractors, and consultants, overseeing
loan closings, construction administration, monitoring lease-up, transitioning projects to operations,
and other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor. Travel to project sites is required. The
Project Manager will work under the supervision of the Director of Real Estate Development.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
• Minimum 2 years experience in affordable housing development or related field, preferably
with development projects taken from concept through completion
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in Urban Planning, Business, Real Estate, or
related field preferred
• Experience applying for and successfully securing awards from LIHTC, HUD, HCD, HCID,
HACLA, LACDA, and other financing sources
• Work well in a multi-cultural environment
• Strong initiative and ability to develop projects from the ground up
• Ability to manage several active projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong quantitative and computer skills, including proficiency in financial analysis using
• Experience managing relationships with political offices, public funding agencies, building &
safety and planning departments, and lenders in moving a project forward
• Desire to make a long-term commitment to this organization and the communities we serve
• California drivers license and access to insured automobile
Equivalent education or experience can be substituted for all minimum qualifications, except when
legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration, are required.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Debbie Chen (she/her), Director of Real
Estate at dchen@LTSC.org.