Posted: Nov. 29, 2018
Job Title: Resident Manager (for a non-profit organization)
Salary and Benefits: DOE; Full Benefits Package
Hours: Full-Time; Salaried Exempt Position
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Location: Little Tokyo, Los Angeles
Little Tokyo Service Center Community Development Corporation (LTSC CDC) is a community-based non-profit located in central Los Angeles. Our mission is to meet the critical needs of people and build community. We improve the lives of individuals and families through culturally sensitive social services. We strengthen neighborhoods through housing and community development. We promote the rich heritage of the ethnic community.
LTSC CDC’s owns and or manages multiple properties throughout Los Angeles County with a commitment to providing affordable and quality housing to support healthy families and communities.
Summary of Duties:
The Resident Manager will report to the Manager of Property Operations and will be responsible for managing a Single Room Occupancy Apartment Building.
1. Marketing & Leasing
- Enforce rental policies and Lease Agreements.
- Leasing –Screen tenant applications, show available units, keep vacancy loss to a
- Market available units in local publications, newspaper, and online apartment finding
2. Financial Management
- Collect rent, security deposits and other payments;
- Follow up on all delinquent receivables;
- Enter accounts receivables and payables in property management software system;
- Maintain proper records of petty cash and other building disbursements.
3. Building Maintenance
- Inspect the building on a regular basis and ensure preventative maintenance plan is followed;
- Manage maintenance staff, vendors (monitor all major repair works), and track maintenance work orders;
- Ensure that vacant units are “rent-ready” in an expeditious fashion.
- Responsible for annual unit inspections as required by management.
4. Other Duties
- Project Management
- Available for after-hours emergencies
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Minimum 1 -2 years in property management
- Work well in a multi-cultural environment (particularly with an ethnically diverse
- Ability to read and interpret rental agreements and budgets;
- Ability to write effective business correspondence;
- Ability to effectively communicate information both written and verbally and be able to respond to questions from groups and individuals.
- A self-starter
- Strong organizational skills;
- Able to work both independently and as a team;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Computer competency –Microsoft Office, email; data entry;
- Desire to make a long-term commitment to this position and LTSC CDC’s mission;
- Bilingual in Japanese/English or Korean/English is strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Aaron Garcia, Manager of Property Operations
LTSC Community Development Corporation
231 E. Third St., Suite G106
Los Angeles, CA 90013