Youth Services Coordinator
Posted: September 10, 2019
Job Title: Youth Services Coordinator
Salary: DOE; Full Benefits Package
Hours: Full-time; Salaried Non-Exempt Position
About Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC)
LTSC is a social services and community development organization based in Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive array of social welfare and community development services to assist low income individuals and other persons in need, contribute to community revitalization and cultural preservation in Little Tokyo and among the broader Japanese community in the Southland, and to provide such resources to neighboring Asian Pacific Islander and other low-income communities. For more information about LTSC, visit www.ltsc.org
LTSC Resident Services provides services to residents and families living in many of LTSC’s affordable housing buildings through after-school programming, academic enrichment, tenant meetings and activities, financial education and civic engagement programs.
The Youth Services Coordinator (YS Coordinator) is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing programming to support the growth and development of youth participants. The YS Coordinator develops partnerships and secures resources. The YS Coordinator will work closely with Resident Services and Terasaki Budokan personnel to develop afterschool programming for low-income youth in and in the surrounding areas to Little Tokyo. The YS Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Resident Services and will have the continued support of the Resident Services Team at LTSC.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and implement the expansion of the After School Program at the Terasaki Budokan site:
- Support the development of a program vision, mission and goals aligned with the broader LTSC mission
- Develop academic curriculum, recreational and enrichment activities
- Implement and modify program components to meet the needs and interests of individual participants, record observations to develop individualized student plans as needed
- Manage daily programming schedule
- Manage program budget
- Research and establish partnerships for development of enrichment, cultural, educational and recreational programs and other resources for benefit of youth
- Supervise and ensure the safety of students at all times
- Ensure that arrivals and dismissals of all students, including early pickup, are safe and consistent with program policy and procedures
- Provide interns and volunteers with training, support and leadership in promoting program values
- Maintain accurate records (i.e., attendance tracking, enrollment forms, volunteer/interns sign-in sheets, etc.) and prepare reports as needed for funders
- Complete annual program evaluations, including surveys of students and parents
- Submit all required documentation to supervisor, on a timely basis (i.e., attendance, enrollment packets, and surveys)
- Manage operations of other youth programming (i.e., After School Program, Summer Program, CHAMPs Saturday Mentorship, Youth Group)
- Attend relevant meetings and trainings as scheduled and required
- Communicate effectively with Resident Services Team, volunteers/interns, parents, and other stakeholders
- Work closely with Resident Services Program Assistant to recruit, vet, and train volunteers and interns
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines, make recommendations for workplace safety
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Resident Services.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous nonprofit managerial experience preferred
- 3 or more years of work experience in working with youth
- Bilingual capacity (English/Spanish) preferred; Other languages welcomed.
- Strong understanding and commitment to working with a multicultural community.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in a team process.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, multi-task and problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft operational programs and MAC systems.
- A valid Class C California Driver License, access to personal automobile, and proof of auto insurance
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to Nancy Alcaraz, Director of Resident Services at email@example.com.